Thursday, May 1, 2008

FET5601- Evaluation Activity

It's week 9 since the course has started. We are approaching now the last module in this course which is about ( Evaluation of Flexible Programs). I found one of the reading materials provided in this module (Evaluating open learning (Rowntree, 1992) is really helpful to understand the process of evaluation. However, I felt the reading was not enough for me because I wanted to know more about Formative and Summative Evaluation. I found some good articles that helped me a lot to start in my evaluation activity in the web discussion. I have listed the articles I found within a new post in my group forum to share with my team.

I have to say that before starting reading and searching for more articles, I didn't know what's formative and summative evaluation. I always come across these two types of evaluation but I wasn't able to understand them clearly till I started reading about them with the intention to use them in my evaluation activity.
Laila

No comments: