Saturday, March 15, 2008

FET-8604"Transforming" in my learning experience.



I have to admit that all my learning experience in school and college were much "Transmission" and "Generative" where we have to repeat the same information we had in classes in our tests. However, the first time I could experience the "Transformative" approach in my learning experience was when I started studying online. I was able to seek after and gain knowledge through the interactivity I have it with my peers and facilitators.

I consider my experience in online learning transformative because I felt that I am able to learn in a different way by discussing and analyzing thoughts we read in course contents by reflecting our own ideas and connect our experience as learner to some events or theories. In addition, I consider it transformative because it has changed the way I used to receive knowledge from others and the way we are assessed and evaluated. In other words, I realized the value of assessment in online environment because we have authentic assessment where it tests our deep understanding about the course content. In other words, the assessment is transformative in a way we enjoy doing it because we reflect our understanding and could evaluate our learning through the different activities of assessment.
Laila

No comments: