Tuesday, March 25, 2008

FET8604- "Learner- Centeredness"

Let me here share you my own thoughts about "learner-centered" from my experience as online learner and face to face learner. When I was f2f learner, the instructor or teacher use to be the center of class "Instructor- centered" because he/ she is the one who dominates the class. Learners do not play a big role in classes as the instructor do the whole job. However, when I started learning online, I have noticed the difference myself. I realized the importance of my role as a learner. I appreciated the value of online learning because I was able to seek after knowledge in a different way and without any limitation. I am able to interact with my peers, my instructors, and course content. I am able to share my thoughts and experience without any limitation as I used to have in f2f classes due to the little time we have sometimes for the interaction.
In online learning, we become "Learner- Centeredness" because we have different unlimited roles. That's how can I describe this term in my point of view as f2f and online learner.
Looking to read others comments regarding this term.
Regards,
Laila

No comments: