Thursday, March 6, 2008

FET5601- What's Instructional Design?

I have met the term of Instructional Design a lot since I started my studies in my program. I am not sure that I know what's all about? I do remember once in one of my previous courses here in USQ, we were asked to design a web course for specific learners. I chose to design English course for Education Technology students. I tried to design the course in a way that could meet my objectives of offering my course in a different way. What do I mean by different way? I didn't want to design English course like any course that has the same regular tasks provided for each skill of the language.

Therefore, instructional design in my point of view is to design a course where you can find it challenging to come with creative tasks fits the materials included within the course.

What I wrote above is just my own understanding about Instructional Design before starting reading any article in Module 1. I will come back later to see if I was close from my initial comprehension of Instructional Design or I was far away from it.

Regards,

Laila

No comments: